The Business Development Representative (BDR) lays the foundation for the team by generating new business through targeted outbound prospecting as well as qualifying new business leads and building rapport via inbound marketing initiatives. The BDR is a primary qualified lead source for Sales, with a focus in developing relationships with potential clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build a book of business and expand the role based on your success. This is a quota-carrying role and candidates for this position must be highly motivated, tenacious, and self-starters.
You will be working with a team that has decades of combined experience in SaaS sales and marketing. Expectations will be high as you work to contribute directly to the sales pipeline and bookings that are part of CloudKettle’s annual targets. This role will require an investment of time to learn and understand the technical aspect of CloudKettle’s product and services. Therefore, we have included a two-month ramp to quota attainment.
In this role you will:
- Generate quality leads via targeted communication (email, social networks, and phone) to buyers at organizations that use Salesforce
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual qualified lead generation targets
- Nurture and build relationships with prospects, with the aim of qualifying them
- Research potential verticals and clients
- Utilize Salesforce to track and manage leads and opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and product features
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales teams
- Demonstrating the CloudKettle SafeGuard solution to potential buyers online.
- Attain at least one Salesforce certification in the first three months of employment in order to help ensure a deep understanding of the problems that CloudKettle solves for clients
- A passion for business development, marketing, and relationship building
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or related field of study, or equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- 1+ years experience prospecting and cold calling to generate sales opportunities
- Must be comfortable talking to high-level executives on the phone and via online correspondence
- Must excel working in both autonomous and collaborative environments
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, developing the role as things change with the business
- Must be capable of self-guided learning to solve problems when necessary
- Strong research skills
- Flexibility in working hours
- Proficiency in Salesforce is an asset
- An excellent understanding of SaaS concepts and metrics is an asset
- A well-developed sense of humor
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English – verbal and written communication and comprehension.
- This is a not a remote position – must work full-time at our office location in Halifax
- Work with a team that has deep respect for the sales role
- Best in class training on the Salesforce platform
- Direct and daily access to all levels of the team
- Medical and dental benefits
- Subsidized career training, including coverage of certification tests
- A flat and modern work-culture
- The opportunity to work with some of the most exciting software companies in the world
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. While we thank all interested candidates for their application, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.