CloudKettle continues to grow quickly, we over doubled our client base in 2019 and will do so again in 2020. With that growth, comes complexity and a need to better execute at operations as the organization scales.
In this new role, the Vice President, Finance & Operations will optimize CloudKettle’s execution and help ensure the organization’s 2020 and long term strategic plans are put into practice successfully.
The Vice President, Finance & Operations will assist in compiling the company’s budget, financials, overseeing HR, leading IT infrastructure, security, regulatory, compliance, and facilities. They will have a clear understanding of CloudKettle’s values and culture and how to leverage them as part of the strategic plan to long term business success.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not a remote position. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application and able to relocate to Halifax within 4 weeks of accepting a position with CloudKettle.
As Vice President, Finance & Operations you will:
- Oversee Finance, including leading the annual budgeting process, as well as CloudKettle’s relationships with Accounting and Banking partners.
- Monitor receivables, cash flow, accounting, and bank processes.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial performance reports.
- Ensure CloudKettle’s compliance with labour, tax and other laws in markets we serve.
- Drive the company’s operations, including scaling existing physical space and capacity in other markets.
- Oversight of facilities and associated budget lines and resource allocation.
- Provide strategic oversight of HR efforts, including recruitment and retention.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Oversee CloudKettle’s security and compliance strategy, including the Security Committee and achievement/compliance with standards like HIPAA and SOC2.
- Spearhead strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies.
- Must work at our Halifax office – this is not a remote position.
- 5+ years of experience managing an organization’s finances, operations and strategic resources. NOTE: This is a role that requires significant experience and understanding of Accounting and Finance.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing an organization’s strategic plan and managing complex budgets.
- The ability to make and manage business projects three years into the future.
- A demonstrated experience in ethical leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of team members.
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Experience deploying and overseeing the compliance with a compliance framework like ISO, SOC2 or HIPAA is an asset.
- Experience in professional services or an IT setting is an asset.
- The opportunity to work at a fast-scaling organization servicing some of the largest and most exciting companies in the world.
- A flat and modern work-culture.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Subsidized career training.