- What we mean by “Personal Information” and “Personal Data”
- The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, and when we collect it
- The technologies we may use to collect and process your Personal Data
- The way we may engage in Remarketing Advertising Activities
- The way we may share your Personal Data and to whom
- Where your Personal Data may be stored
- The ways that we protect your Personal Data
- How to access, correct or update your Personal Data
- How to contact us about privacy issues
PART I – SUMMARY
A. Personal Information and Personal Data
Personal Information is any information about an identifiable individual, including any information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify an individual. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to a User’s name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and purchasing information. Personal Information does not include aggregated information, or any personal information that has been de-identified through the removal of potentially identifying details, such that the data may not be identified with a particular individual.
Personal Data includes Personal Information as well as other information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information (such as a personal identification number) allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person (for example, Cookies and Usage Data).
Usage Data is information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include:
- the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website;
- the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier);
- the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server;
- the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.);
- the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User;
- the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application); and
- the details about the path followed within the application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
CloudKettle generally collects, uses and discloses Personal Data to operate our businesses and to administer our Services, including for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- Contacting the User
- Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Tag Management
- User database management
For specific information about the Personal Data used for each purpose, refer to the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” in Part II below.
In addition to the above Purposes, other common reasons for us to seek out your Personal Data may include:
- To verify User identity and protect against fraud;
- To communicate with Users and to seek feedback on the Services;
- To perform analytic functions; understand how Users use the Services; generate insights and understand how Users interact with us; and improve our Website and Services;
- To comply with audit and legal requirements; and
- Any other purposes for which we have consent in accordance with applicable laws.
C. Technologies and External Partners
The Services utilize certain external partners that collect Data (including Personal Data) as part of CloudKettle’s service offerings. These partners include: Google, Salesforce, Clearbit, Facebook, and Twitter. For example, some Services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Website. The interaction and information obtained through this Website are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. Some Services allow you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Website and other Services and interact with them. Users should be aware that the Services may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
D. Remarketing Activities
Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes, including to produce aggregated website analytics, and you may still see ads from us; however, the ads will not be targeted based on behavioral information about you, and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
To successfully opt-out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. Please see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them. Your opt-out only applies to a particular web browser you have used, so you must opt-out of each web browser on each device that you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you may need to opt-out again.
From time to time, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers that we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, based on our instructions, such as advertising agencies, marketing agents, data processing and storage companies or organizations which provide administrative and support services to CloudKettle. We will limit our disclosure of your Personal Information to such third parties to that which is reasonably necessary for the purpose or service for which the third-party service provider is engaged.
From time to time we may disclose to third parties aggregated or de-identified data, which does not contain Personal Information or other information regarding identifiable individuals.
CloudKettle may also share your Personal Data with third parties as required or permitted by law.
Our Website may contain links to other websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of sites (other than our own sites) to which we provide links. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites before choosing to provide any Personal Information to such third-party sites or third-party applications.
CloudKettle processes the Personal Data in its operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Personal Data to a country other than their own. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users refer to the section “Mode and Place of Processing Data” in Part II below.
G. The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Personal Data processed by CloudKettle. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.
- Object to processing of their Personal Data.
- Access their Personal Data.
- Verify and seek rectification.
- Restrict the processing of their Personal Data.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.
- Retrieve their Data and have it transferred to another controller.
- Lodge a complaint.
Users should note that failing to provide, or withdrawing consent for us to use, certain Personal Data may make it impossible for us to provide specific Services to you.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
CloudKettle takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Any requests to exercise rights with respect to our use of your Personal Data, to obtain access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, or request revisions to or deletion of that information can be directed to us through the contact details below. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by as early as possible and always within one month.
CloudKettle Inc. – 1888 Brunswick St Suite 900, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3J8, Canada
Contact email: email@example.com
Canada’s anti-spam legislation sets the rules for commercial electronic messages, establishes requirements for commercial messages, and gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. CloudKettle collects your email address only when you provide it to communicate with you to provide and process information as agreed, or to provide content, products and services that you have explicitly opted-in for such as when registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, signing up to this Website or after making a purchase.
By filling in the contact form with your Personal Data, you authorize us to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. We may also send follow up emails to request feedback on your experience with our products and services or to inform you of other Services you may be interested in.
Users that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to this Website, as well as for fulfilling support requests.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future email or any communications from us, you can contact us using the contact information provided above.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, we will collect new consent from the User, where required.